(SEOUL, South Korea, March 7 2018) – Nexen Tire, a leading global tire manufacturer, announced that its Winguard Sport 2 tire has received an iF Design Award.
Hosted by the iF International Forum Design, the German-based iF Design Award is one of the most prestigious and largest design competitions in the world. The iF Design Award organization boasts international authority and tradition going back 60 years. It is regarded as one of the top three design awards in the world, along with the Red Dot Design Award and IDEA Design Award.
Launched in 2017, Winguard Sport 2 is a winter tire that has realized the optimal driving experience in the snow. It has increased its side force generation on snow and wet surfaces with a shoulder block groove and a new pitch arrangement, which reinforces its performance on snow and ice. The product has been evaluated as a premium winter tire, known for its excellent grip and stable performance in the snow thanks to its unique 3D winter kerf and zigzag groove design.
“Nexen Tire’s global award-winning products have proven not only our excellence in performance and quality, but our competitiveness in design,” said Kyung Woo Cheon, Executive Vice President of R&D at Nexen Tire. “Nexen Tire will continue to improve our product competitiveness in the global market through continuous investment in R&D.”
6,400 designs from 54 countries competed in the 2018 iF Design Awards.
– Nexen Tire Garage is a Nexen Tire Dealer's One-Stop-Shop for all Nexen Tire Tools and Resources –
• N'Fera Sport boasts outstanding performance on wet and dry road surfaces
• N'Blue S features reduced road noise and better fuel efficiency
• Winguard Sport 2 designed for winter driving and long mileage performance
– New Platform Allows Nexen Dealers to Connect with Consumers through Social Media using Company-Supplied Content and Post Automation –